- Keep your hand luggage with you at all times.
- Ensure that all zips and fasteners are in good working condition - baggage can move about in the overhead compartment and unsecured items may fall out.
- Don't wrap gifts - it is possible that the security teams may wish to view them properly, and will unwrap them.
- Keep electronic items to a minimum.
- Don't carry anything on to an aircraft for anyone else. If you are asked to do so, please contact Airport Security.
- Remove old tags and barcodes from your hand luggage.
Each passenger is allowed one item of hand luggage which should not be bigger than the size indicated.
- 56 centimetres tall (approximately 22 inches).
- 45 centimetres wide (approximately 17.7 inches).
- 25 centimetres deep (approximately 10 inches).
The guideline is approximately 5kg for hand luggage. If you cannot easily lift your hand luggage above your head, it is probably too heavy.
The x-rays used to screen baggage should not affect most camera film. Film material over 1000ASA/31 DIN should be removed and offered for screening separately.
Keep your valuables such as jewellery and important documents safely stored in your hand baggage.
Laptops should be removed from their bags for screening prior to boarding the aircraft.
Many laptop bags look similar which can cause confusion when leaving the aircraft. Put a key ring, sticker or other identifying mark on your bag so that you can be sure that you are leaving with the correct computer.